TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CONDITIONS OF CHARTER
- Whangaroa Houseboat Holidays reserves the right to cancel a charter if for a specific reason the vessel cannot be made available for charter, or for adverse weather conditions. Under these conditions we will offer another mutually agreeable charter period or provide a full refund.
- Whangaroa Houseboat Holidays reserves the right to refuse any person or persons the use of the craft.
- Vessel must remain in the designated survey area ( Whangaroa Harbour ) at all times with number of people not exceeding 15 during daylight hours and eight at night.
- Vessel must be secure on anchor or a mooring one hour before darkness. Vessel must not maneuver within the hours of darkness, or during morning fog/sea mist.
- Vessel must not be taken alongside or berthed at any wharf or marina structure.
- Charterer's must adhere to current Ministry of Fisheries regulations.
- Charterers must not remove oysters from any marine farm structure in Whangaroa Harbour.
- No animals/pets, guns, candles, axes allowed on chartered vessel.
- Smoking is not permitted inside.
- The Charter vessel must at all time be under the control of the designated skipper.
- The skipper must be a minimum age of 25 years.
- Charter party at their own risk uses all equipment supplied.
- The charter party to remove and dispose of all bottles, cans, organic rubbish and general rubbish they create during their charter (Rubbish can be deposited at Totara North Recycling Station, Totara North Road 500m from SH10).
- Charter party accepts liability for incidents involving failure to follow instructions and property damage. This exclusion is subject to any rights or remedies customers may have under the Consumers Guarantees Act 1993.
- If you cancel more than 1 month before your booking we will charge a $100 administration fee and refund the balance of your deposit. If you cancel less than one month before the departure date you will forfeit your deposit.
CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT
- A booking is confirmed after the payment of a deposit 25% of the total hireage charge and agreement to the terms as in this booking form.
- The balance of the charter is to be paid by the completion of the charter.
The houseboat is available from 10am. If you cannot make this time please advise us of your expected arrival time.
STAGGERED ARRIVAL TIME
We recommend that all people in the charter group arrive at the same time. Sometimes the charter party may arrive or leave in groups at different times. We can accomodate this (as long as its not at night). We will arrange to meet the second group then take them to the Houseboat in our Harbour Taxi. We need to go through the safety briefing with all on board and we will repeat our work as the second group arrives. There is a $30 charge if arrivals or departures occur at different times. We cannot put people on the boat after dark. Maple Leaf cannot be driven at night and must be secure on anchor or a mooring one hour before darkness. (Maritime NZ terms)
You can find out about our water taxi service from here.
SAFETY TERMS AND CUSTOMER DECLARATION
In any boating activity, there is an element of risk involved. Risks in undertaking this activity include property damage, personal injury, illness as a result of adverse weather conditions, risk of drowning etc.
The staff and management of Bushmansfriend Ltd take all practicable steps to identify and minimise potential dangers. However, you must follow our instructions [and use the safety equipment provided] at all times. Our instructions are given in a safety briefing on boarding the boat and in the Boats operation manual.
Adults accompanying any person under the age of 18 must ensure that the underage person follows our instructions at all times. You must release or indemnify Bushmansfriend Ltd and our staff against any liability we incur to anyone else, resulting from your failure to follow our instructions or the failure of any person accompanying you under the age of 18 to follow our instructions.
We reserve the right to withdraw any person who in our opinion is likely to endanger themselves or others. We also reserve the right to cancel the charter if we become concerned for any reason for your safety or that of any other person.
WARNING: Under New Zealand law it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to sue anyone if you are injured. In addition, New Zealand's accident compensation scheme provides only limited assistance to visitors to New Zealand who are injured. We strongly recommend that all visitors to New Zealand have full insurance covering any injury they might suffer, including medical treatment cover, before undertaking this activity.
EXCLUSIONS: To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans, or mental injury is excluded. This exclusion is subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.